Pioneer Insurance #MoveOnLang Songwriting Competition
Through the years, Pioneer – a local insurance company – has pioneered campaigns focused on heightening the appreciation of the Philippine arts among millennials. After successful competitions in film-making and playwriting that gathered stories of friendship and hope, Pioneer launched a songwriting competition – the #MoveOnLang Movement – to promote resiliency among the Filipino youth through music. By encouraging the youth to draw inspiration from their own personal stories and teaching them to translate these into original song compositions, the campaign took flight.
Pioneer’s #MoveOnLang Songwriting Competition was promoted through channels that resonated with the target: through influential OPM songwriters and artists, campus tours and songwriting talks, and through various PR and digital efforts, and institutional and media partnerships with The Filipino Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers and ABS-CBN’s One Music PH.
The campus caravan travelled to seven different schools and gave workshops to over 1,000 students. The competition itself drew more than 150 well-crafted compositions from Filipino youth nationwide. On Facebook, it generated as much as 1.2M impressions and reached 1.6M users, and more than 4.8M mileage and 1.7M impressions on Twitter.
Over the course of the campaign, the agency was able to generate a total of 75 press pick-ups, with 29 coming from mainstream media and 46 from influential blogs. Media values amounted to PHP 33,393,319.43 with an ROI of 3239.33%.
Pioneer’s “#MoveOnLang Songwriting Competition” won the following:
- 2018 IABC Quill Award of Merit in the category Communication Management – Social Media
- 2018 IABC Quill Award of Merit in the category Communication Management – Corporate Social Responsibility
- 2018 Silver Anvil for Public Relations Programs on a Sustained Basis in the category External Consumers, Communities, Special Interest/Advocacy Groups
- 2018 Silver Anvil for Public Relations Programs on a Sustained Basis in the category Youth/Children’s Welfare
- 2020 Silver ARAW Award in the category of Love of Country