AirAsia in partnership with World Vision celebrated the season of giving through a joint Christmas initiative called “See the World,” an awareness building and fundraising effort for the benefit of Filipino children which aimed to raise at least one million pesos to provide sponsorship program for many children as direct recipients across the country. For every AirAsia seat booked or sold in the Philippines from 1 to 31 December 2017, five pesos was automatically donated to World Vision’s child sponsorship program and education-inspired programs. As the world’s best low-cost airline, AirAsia has opened the chance for more people to See the World and through this initiative with World Vision, AirAsia is also able to help underprivileged children to See the World but this time, through the gift of education.
AirAsia and World Vision’s “See the World” Initiative won the following:
- IABC Quill Award of Excellence for Communication Management – Corporate Social Responsibility Program
- IABC Quill Award of Excellence for Audio-Visual
- PRSP Silver Anvil Award – Public Relations Programs on a Sustained Basis: Education/ Literacy
- PRSP Silver Anvil Award – Specialized Public Relations Programs: Advocacy Campaign
- PRSP Silver Anvil Award – Public Relations Tools – Exhibits and Special Events: Fundraising
- PRSP Silver Anvil Award – Public Relations Program Directed at Specific Stakeholders: Consumers